Monday, January 25, 2010

Linkin Turns 6 - Part 1
(becuase I have so much to say and we are only half way through the day!)

Today my little Linkin reminds me is isn't so little any more. He turned 6 today! He has been looking forward to this day for a long time. He was up at 5am ready to celebrate. Sadie and Linkin were sleeping next to eachother. 5am Sadie "Mom, PLEEEEAAASE put me in my crib, Linkin is touching me". He was so excited he kept bumping her and kicking her with excitment. So off to her crib she went.

Finally at 6am I allowed him to get out of bed. He was THRILLED his room was decorated. Last night he kept saying "you are going to decorate my room while I am sleeping right? Right?"



There's the birthday boy. When Sadie woke up she walked by his room, with hands on her chest starring at the sign "Happy Birthday, I am 19! Mom, I am 19. Happy Birthday". Oh No!
Linkin arrives at school where he is crowned super birthday boy for the day!
Minor set back - Linkin has had some hive like activity on his body so he needed to be picked up from school early. By the time we got in the car and down the street swelling was gone and everything was normal. Strange.
Same here. Last no more than 40 minutes then GONE!?!

Linkin enjoying every moment of his WII!
We were bowling together and after his score - Strike, Strike, Spare, Strike, Spare, Spare, Strike (im not kidding) He sits on the couch, kicks up his feet and says "So I have been practicing a bit!"

Linkin was happier than ever to get a gift card in the mail from Mason and Family! He knew exactaly what he wanted to do with the money so he bought some walkie talkies. That was #2 on his birthda wish list! Thank you Mandy!!

Well, the cake is in the oven, the house needs to be put in order and dinner prepared before Nan and Pops get here for a special dinner.
Better hit the road jack!


2 comments:

Laurie Von said...

sadie still cracks me up. most of your day must be spent laffing at her. happy b day mr. linkin. love that kid. he impresses me every time i see him and he warms my heart every time i think of him. could be that i really like his parents too. sorry sethie had to miss his day. and thx for the very kind words on my blog. i think your hormones are a heightened or somethin'! jk, ur great.

rebekahmott said...

You have some great kids!! I am glad that Linkin had a great birthday. I thought about him all day, I didn't get home until late and so I will for sure call tonight. I hope your doing great! Oh man I will just call sorry for the lame entry. LOVE YA