Thursday, January 21, 2010

Decorating...

Since I have been home the past few days I have had a lot of time to see what my house looks like. A few weeks ago we watched some home videos that were taken in our favorite apartment ever in Sacramento. I got a chance to see my old decor. Today I pulled out these old pictures of another favorite apartment here in Salinas. I remember going shopping for home decor with my mom after we moved here. I was so excited once we got everything done. I loved the way my house looked. We have since moved and although all of our stuff came with us it just doesn't looks the same by any means.

Here is the old decor -








I will not be inserting pictures of our current decor however I will say it isn't the same. I know paint and really the style of the house play a big part in deocrating and our home was built in the 80's (my least favorite time period as far as music, decor, clothing and such) funny since I was born in the 80's. So things look a little out dated topping it off with some beat up furniture. The above pictures where When we only had one child and he was still very young so things stayed nice. Also, since we rent we don't have the ability to change anything or to pain in anyway.
So here is my goal, we have some bills to take care of first and once those are taken care of I am going to begin saving for the ideal furniture and decor I want. From the kids bedrooms to the bathrooms making every room have a style and one that blends throughout the whole home. Which I am thinking is contemporary. So by my 30th birthday (2 years from now). I will have my bills taken care of and a beautifully decorated home.
Until then I will enjoy and embrace my eclectic home and start cutting out pictures of my ideal decor in magazines.
Go Team November 2011!










1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get inspired??? LOL Wish you the best always!!!! Love ya!