Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Full Mom Has Been Revived...But Is Still On Life Support

As I said in my previous post Linkin prayed "Bless Mom not to be a half Mom any more". Well the next day on the way to work I vowed that for today I won't be a half Mom. The day started out great. I was dressed nice, hair and make up done, heels on and feeling happy to be me! The morning went on well I was getting so much done and feeling good. I was very busy at work but that was ok it was all working out. Then my phone rang...

Seth: "Linkin, Linkin, Linkin" (not frantic but concerned)

Me: "WHAT? What's going on?" (me thinking of all the reasons he would be saying this)


Seth: "You didn't pick Linkin up from school. He is still at school (30 minutes late)

Off I went freaking out a bit to pick him up. I found him in the Principals office! I'm a winner. What do you say to the Principal of the school when you are 30 minutes late picking up you child?




Me: "................................................"



Principal "..........................................."



Me: "Thank you"

So I drove back to work with Linkin realizing that Linkin was a bit right about this half mom thing. A little self defense - I am pregnant, we did spend last weekend at Disneyland, and I worked 45 hours this week (that is a lot for me), I...ok that's it.

What this made me realize is that I needed to revive the full Mom. I knew not to expect a full recovery, that isn't something that is going to happen for some time however a valid effort to revive full mom was much needed.

To begin my revival I asked Linkin out on a "One on One" Date. He accepted my offer so off we were to a mom and son date.




We went to Islands for a fine burger and drinks



Then off to Borders we went to pick out a couple books

Needless to say it was wonderful evening. Linkin seemed happy to have some one on one time with full mom and like wise I was happy to have some time with full mom too...just kidding I was very happy to have some one on one time with Linkin. It was a much needed outting. It also reminded me just how much I have missed Monterey and the Beach. It has been so long since my toes hit the sand, I heard the sound of the ocean and smelt the salty air. (oh that is a whole other blog)

I did however walk in the door and crash on the bed and sleep until my alarm told me it was time to go to work...6am!

Thank you to my father in heaven for the inner strength to be a full mom for the day.

3 comments:

rebekahmott said...

One day at a time. Line upon line. one foot in front of the other. get my point. How fun for Linkin though I think I will have to do mommy and son dates!

Suzette Graham said...

I think those are reasons not excuses and besides all kids need to have a "I was left " story to tell, otherwise they seem like nerds. That is my "reason" for leaving/forgetting my kids.

Lyndee said...

Oh Chels, I love and adore every, SINGLE thing about you. You absolute honesty, humor and appreciation of life is something I admire. Even when you're only a half-Mom, you're still AMAZING!!!