Thursday, January 6, 2011

Update Minus The Update

i have been wanting to blog, needing to blog, hoping to blog however life has led me other directions lately. the house is quiet - sadie is passed out on the floor clinging on to her bag of fishy for dear life. link is fast asleep in the "sleepover" room, alone. B is bundled up nice and snug in her pack n play asleep. the house is in need of a cleaning, one of the cleanings where you stay awake until 1am cleaning and organizing every thing but alas my blog needs up dating so i must give in to the needs of my blog.

as i went through my pictures of our lives over the past month deciding which ones i would use in my post I realized that there was no way that i would be able catch up. so here i am sitting in the quiet of the house...me and my blog and a messy house...

ok maybe ill be inspired to post some photos but until then here it is...

my landlord asked us (again) if we took out the trash. when seth responded with "Yes" (which was the truth) he said "oh well, i noticed some of the similar things from last week were in there". end of story.

this week i took B in for her assessment at the Medical Therapy Unit in n. salinas. as i stepped up onto the sidewalk i couldn't help but think "wow, how ironic" maybe it isn't ironic. maybe there is a high percentage of families that have more than one child with special needs. but some how it is ironic to me. its like someone hit the repeat button in the game of "my life". ironic that link had eye surgery (which some how symbolized the end of his special needs adventures) nov 1st and B's mri was nov 2nd (which begun her special needs adventures). end of story.

double rainbow so intense. christmas is so intense. it is like a big firework. we all gather together get out our blankets enjoy the show and it all ends with a beautiful bang. i loved christmas this year. everything about it. family, fun, jokes, church the following day, it was beautiful. end of story.

i have had some time the past few weeks to spend at the beach. i wish i was there now. the sound of the waves, the look of the sky, the sand in my toes, the feeling of peace, the taste of the sea breeze. awwww......end of story.

cousin week rocked. payton, zane and eli came and spent a weekish with me (and the kids, i suppose). we did it all. the kids were great. fun was had by all parties. i am hoping we can do it again some time. end of story.

seth and i have been married for 9 years yesterday. amazing. he surprised me with a night stay at the mariposa in monterey. it was so fun. what a wonderful, thoughtful, loving husband. the mariposa is where we spent our first night as a married couple. end of story..............

the house is not so quiet now, B is crying. i need some chapstick.

The End

1 comments:

Laurie Von said...

awww chels, thats more like it. i love all your end of stories, you crack me up, and choke me up too. life is crazy what buttons are pushed for us. ur doing great. good job seth on the anni trip. keep chuggin girl, you do a fantastic job.