Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I had a idea for a post...but seem to have lost it
I was feeling sorry for myself while making/serving dinner. I made sandwich steaks for dinner tonight that I had seasoned and cooked. Yum. I served them to the kids and sure enough the complains begin to roll in.
"Mom, these are burnt" Linkin
"No, they are cooked" Me
"They look burnt to me" Linkin
"If you don't want to eat them go to bed." Me
The complains continued through bath time.
"Its too cold"
"wash her first"
"I don't want to stand up"
"I am not ready to get out"
One after another. I kept thinking to myself "is it wrong to put your kids to bed at 630 pm?" The only thing that really stopped me was the idea that they would then be up at 5 am ready to go.
Anyway, so here I am complaining! Ha Ha. How does that work. Seriously though, I am grateful for this time that I have with the kids. It is really giving me a chance to evaluate myself as a mother/parents. Really having them test me and then doing my best to make the situation work. I have had my break downs but I also feel like I am learning a lot about parenting. It really is a job for 2 people but I can see if I keep working on it I can make positive changes.
So, complaining is done.

1 comments:

Suzette Graham said...

I forgot all about that part, hopefully you will too. By some wonderful miracle we remember the fun, and forget the rest, generally speaking.