Sunday, February 7, 2010

As I begin my third trimester I realize that I don't feel much like myself. My emotions are running wild, my body is so far from what it use to be, my energy level is not even what it was last week and it is hard to keep my eye on the light at the end of the tunnel. As I got ready for church this morning I thought of just how easy it would be to stay home and relax all day. Nothing seemed to fit right, my make up just doesn't look the same, my hair...moving on, and the kids were having a hard time getting ready. However I felt this overwhelming desire to go despite my challenges. Boy am I glad I did.

Today's lesson was on service. Since Seth has been gone I have had numerous occasion where I have been served by sister in my ward, my in laws and my parents. Last week I did so much complaining about rude comments being made about my pregnant self as well as other things and all the while I was continually being serviced by amazing people.

I have never taken my visiting teaching very seriously. I mean to say I just never made it a priority. It always felt awkward and out of my comfort zone. Over the past several months and especially this month I have been blessed with the importance of visiting teaching. My visiting teacher has gone over and above on numerous occasions to help me. From bringing me dinner to making sure I was ok when the power went out...all the while being more pregnant than I am. She comes every month and every time she does I am left feeling overwhelmed with love and a desire to be a better person. She is truly amazing. I feel so blessed to have her as my visiting teacher and my friend. I, for the first time see the importance of visiting teaching and can't wait to get my visiting teaching list and start spreading the love my visiting teacher has showed me. I feel overwhelmingly blessed.

There are others who have showed me such wonderful love and service from surprise flowers on my door step, picking up Linkin for the day, watching my kids overnight so I can work the next morning, fixing my lights and toilet and calling to catch up these and many other ways I have been shown love and service this past month.

Thinking of all these things made me realize that the negative things I have focused my mind on the past few days are so small, so insignificant. It is these loving, kind act that are important are the things I will remember rather than the negative.

As I sat in church listening to the lesson on service my heart was so full. My mind was truly unable to wrap around all the kind acts of service I have been shown over the past several weeks.

I am truly thankful to have the church/gospel in my life. To feel such a wonderful connection to my ward family and to know that I have people around me that love and support me and will help me when I am in need. What a wonderful example you have all been to me. Teaching me and helping me strive to be better to show my love to each of you. I realized that each person who has shown me love and service has a busy life with many other things to do however they took the time to show me love and service. I truly feel blessed.

I pray that I will be able to show service and kindness to all of those in my life. That I will be more aware of the things that I say and the way I act towards others. I will do my best to be more Christ-like and learn from those wonderful examples around me.

Thank you to all you!

I am blessed.

1 comments:

Suzette Graham said...

Well, there is the positive blog you promised!! One of the best things about going to church with a positive open heart is that you always get something good. It is like getting a surprise gift every Sunday, you may not know what's coming but it is always good ( if you go with love in your own heart). Thanks for sharing your gifts.